Show Me a Sign!
Have you ever asked the universe to show you a sign? Perhaps a loved one has passed away and you would like to connect? Or you have a big decision to make concerning a relationship, a job or a move?
Sometimes we receive signs when we don’t ask for them. That just may be the universe’s way of saying: Pay attention!
The Sign of the Falcon
The other day, I saw several versions of a falcon – one was a sign on a truck, one was an Atlanta Falcons ballcap worn by an older gentleman, and another was an actual falcon flying through the air. I said, “OK universe. I hear you!” I knew based on my reading of Ted Andrews’ book Animal Speak, falcons teach us to recognize opportunities and act on them at the right moment, while encouraging us to be more mentally agile. Personally, I also view it as opportunities are going to start coming in quickly so be prepared! I’ve always thought the falcon embodied my dad, so when a falcon shows up that’s his way of saying hello.
When is it Time to Pay Attention?
So, what are some of the signs from the universe that can alert you? Infinite Soul Blue Print suggests the following:
- Seeing the same things over and over – road signs, words on the radio, something you read.
- Lights flickering – this may serve as confirmation for you that the universe is listening.
- Technology fails to “send the message.” Ever written a text message or an email and your phone or computer suddenly conks out? When that happens, I do not send the message. That may be your sign not to send the message either!
- See the same animal several times (other than a squirrel).
- Songs on the radio provide an answer when you are thinking of a question.
Asking for Divine Help to Guide Us
Spiritual medium and author James Van Praagh, says we can all use divine guidance to “help us navigate this challenging human existence.” He suggests we invite the universe to provide guidance, which can be done by living in the present moment, trusting in the intuitive nudge we are receiving and expressing gratitude. The key is to be specific when we ask.
I Hear You!
Andrea Mai, a legally blind photographer and medium, calls herself the “twin flame,” of the deceased musical phenomenon Prince. She describes an event where she asked Prince to send her angels as a sign he was listening. Several days went by. As Andrea was walking through an airport, she entered the duty-free shop and spent time around the colognes and perfumes, something she says she never does. It was there in the perfume aisle that she spotted Paco Rabanne’s cologne; all the packaging was decorated in angels’ wings! She laughed when she realized that was the sign!
Trust Your Voice
As I was researching prior to writing this post, I came across a story written today by a man named Jonathan Rockey. Mr. Rockey said his desires “seemed too big,” when he prayed for healing, peace and unity, but to his surprise, his prayers were answered. Mr. Rockey knew to let go and trust, which is the first step to allowing positive change in our lives. That’s not to say that all prayers are answered, and perhaps that is as it should be too.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you’re talkin’ to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn’t mean he don’t care.
Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered – Garth Brooks, song: “Unanswered Prayers”
How Do we Know We are On the Right Path?
Often, I am asked by clients if they are on the right path. I respond based on the information provided to me by my guides. However, there are things you can look for that let you know you ARE on the right path too.
- Things are aligning. People and events show up and fall into place.
- Obstacles don’t seem to stop you – you find a way over them, around them or through them.
- You no longer care what others think because what you are doing feels right to you.
- You are excited and motivated.
- You feel peaceful (because you know in your heart this is what you are meant to do).
- Making decisions seems easier.
- You lose track of time while you are working. *Important*
- You don’t feel overwhelmed or trapped.
- Your health seems to be improving to support you in your new endeavor.
- You don’t have to compromise your beliefs.
- You feel tired in a good way.
One of my favorite poems is The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. In his poem he talks about forging a new path. I suppose when each of us decides to do what we want to do -what we are meant to do – instead of what others expect us to do it is alright.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
– Robert Frost, the Road Not Taken
Taking the First Step
I’ve talked about a spiritual teacher in my writings who helped me delete any negative self-talk and steer myself into a new direction. Kent Boxberger talked about the importance of focusing on the three “I’s” – “I let go, I follow, I trust.” He said sometimes if you don’t feel good you need to convince yourself (the mind) that you do. One fast way to do this is to tell yourself, “I feel better.” This simple statement, when repeated over and over like a mantra, can pull you out of a negative space into a receptive place, and that’s where new opportunities happen.
By changing negative thought patterns into positive ones, new energy and opportunities can manifest. Kent believed in the Law of Attraction and suggested saying the following mantra daily to get into a more positive, “flowing” state of mind. Give it a try and see how it can make a difference in your life!
My daily life path and career is to FEEL AS GOOD AS I CAN, for as long as I can expecting that Things Are Always Working Out for ME, no matter what, as I follow my highest excitement, moment to moment with Love.